The Hobbit: Radagast the Brown
There are some mixed feelings swirling inside of me right now! I saw the Hobbit today and GAH it was amazing!
I’m feeling all dreamy, but sad at the same time because I can’t wait for the next one to come out!!
Thankfully it shouldn’t take that long, they’ve it planned for 2013.
As sort of a creative outlet, I thought i’d play around and come up with looks for some key characters and elements out of the Tolkien trilogies that really spoke to me.
First off, had to be Radagast the Brown!
One of five Istari or wizards of Middle Earth, and “master of shapes and changes of hue”.
He was originally named Aiwendil, meaning bird-friend!
Deemed completely insane and inadequate by some fellow wizards, he spends his time tending to and conversing with the fauna and flora in Middle Earth.
In fact, he gets along with animals and plants much better than he does with dwarves, elves or anyone else.
He is master of not only supreme magic, but herbology as well, creating powerful poisons and medicins alike!
I was mostly inspired by his home “Rhosgobel”.
Made up of branches and moss and stocked with potions and herbs, it completely embodies his character!
So for my colorscheme, I thought i’d go for a vibrant green surrounded by both cool and warm browns to mimic the forest!
The rest of my face I kept very light, because his character is so soft and gentle.
- First off I applied the shade GR. 42 from the Kryolan Aqua Color palette in FP to my lid as a base:
- Then I grabbed my Coastal Scents 88 shimmer palette:
- Under my browbone I added a random matte beige shade, and on the inner corner I applied a shimmery highlight from that 88 palette again.
- I then really winged out my black Essence liquid liner.
- On top of that liner, I packed 3 shades of glitter:
- Number 4 went on my lower lashline for an added touch of light, that’s a pale gold.
- To finish off I added some Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Mascara.
Catrice Infinite Matte foundation in 010 Light Beige
DA concealer pen
2B concealer stick
Essence blush in Surfer Babe
Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips in Natural Glow
DA Shiny lipstick in 102
I wonder who to do next..
Do you have any favorite characters from Tolkien’s books?
Feel free to inspire me!! :D
Posted on December 15, 2012, in Box o' appearance, Cosmetics, FOTD and tagged aqua color, bird, brown, cool, EOTD, Essence, FOTD, glitter, green, hedgehog, kryolan, look, lord of the rings, lotr, make-up, rabbit, radagast, rhosgobel, sled, soft, the brown, the hobbit, tolkien, trilogy, warm, wizard. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.