Quick homemade strawberry lemonade!
We just arrived back in the city yesterday but low and behold, there was only a little coke left in the house, and besides that just water!
Yes I know.. water’s good and healthy, but LET’S JUST BE HONEST, there’s not a lot of taste to it! If I want flavor, I won’t be grabbing for WATER! I like to switch up my drinks throughout the day!
There’s always some fruit to be found in my freezer to make cold smoothies in the morning, but that’s not a light drink. That’s a whole meal for my belly! That’s why I tried combining them with something else and it came out tasy as heck!
It’s not really a juice, i’d say it leans toward lemonade, but there’s fruit and water in there, and you can definitely switch up the sugar with honey for example.
What we’ll need:
- Frozen strawberries
- Still water
- Sugar syrup (any kind, or make it yourself! Bring water and sugar to a boil and let the sugar melt, take it off the heat, let it cool and thicken, done!)
- Optional: alcohol, i’m sure you could make this into a refreshing cockatil!
1. the water goes into your blender first, get as much as you’d like to end up with.
2. add sugar syrup to taste.
3. add lemon (I add half a lemon per 300 ml water)
4. chuck in your strawberries! (I add about 3 small ones per 300 ml)
5. blend, blend, blend! (any make up fans that know what MUA i’m referring to here?? ^_^)
6. it’s a pretty thick liquid, so poor it through a strainer to separate the pulp!
Done! Enjoy! ^_^
Posted on August 20, 2012, in Box o' food, Drinks and tagged beverage, cocktail, fresh, frozen strawberries, healthy, honey, hot, juice, lemon, lemonade, mocktail, Photos, pictures, recipe, refreshing, strawberry, sucre de cannes, sugar, summer, sweet, tasty, vitamins, water, weather. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.